Book Title: The Big Book of Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens: Inspiring Arts-Based Activities and Character Education Curricula
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Author: Lindsey Joiner
- The Big Book of EVEN MORE Therapeutic Activity Ideas for Children and Teens: Inspiring Arts-Based Activities and Character Education Curricula
- The CBT Art Activity Book: 100 illustrated handouts for creative therapeutic work
- Therapy Games: Creative Ways to Turn Popular Games Into Activities That Build Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication Skills, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, and Coping Skills
- 104 Activities That Build: Self-Esteem, Teamwork, Communication, Anger Management, Self-Discovery, Coping Skills
- Creative Coping Skills for Children: Emotional Support through Arts and Crafts Activities
- Creative Expression Activities for Teens: Exploring Identity through Art, Craft and Journaling
- Art Therapy Sourcebook (Sourcebooks)
- Chill Skills In a Jar®: Anger Management Tips for Teens
- More Creative Coping Skills for Children: Activities, Games, Stories, and Handouts to Help Children Self-regulate
- Mindfulness Matters: The game that uses mindfulness skills to improve coping in everyday life
For difficult or challenging children and teenagers in therapeutic or school settings, creative activities can be an excellent way of increasing enjoyment and boosting motivation, making the sessions more rewarding and successful for everyone involved.
This resource provides over one hundred tried-and-tested fun and imaginative therapeutic activities and ideas to unleash the creativity of children and teenagers aged 5+. Employing a variety of expressive arts including art, music, stories, poetry and film, the activities are designed to teach social skills development, anger control strategies, conflict resolution and thinking skills. Also included are character education activities and ideas for conducting therapeutic day camps, including sample schedules and handouts. The activities can be used in many different settings with all ages, are flexible, and can be adapted for use with individuals or groups.
Brimming with imaginative ideas, this resource will be invaluable to anyone working with children and teenagers, including school counselors, social workers, therapists, psychologists and teachers.